Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1999 Lexus LS400  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
The car won't sell in this auction. The auction isn't being promoted.
I noticed that myself. BaT authored several social media posts promoting the Lancia Stratos but not a single one for the S65-swapped 135i.

However, interest was quite strong for the 135i. The page racked up 45,000 views and bidding was very active towards the end. I am not exactly sure the auction needed to be promoted, as most everyone with potential interest was aware the car was for sale and most people, myself included, loved the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I think one of the reasons the auction didn't do well is that it indicated that the vehicle still has a lien of $9K. It seems very odd that someone had all the money to do this build.. and never paid the original note off... either at some time during the build.

The fact that they still have not made an effort to pay the lien so that the title is free and clear prior to the sale is a red flag that there are likely some other issues... (title may be owned by one or more people perhaps, etc)
Bingo. The $9k lien remaining to be paid was a huge red flag among other things such as:
  1. Car was put up for auction around 1,000 miles after the build was, "completed."
  2. It actually wasn't finished. The seller posted a short laundry list supplied by Performance Technic that showed more work to be done.
  3. It woudn't pass smog.

The last one is the clincher. The first bidder with the most interest was local to the seller in the Bay Area. He asked the seller to bring the car out to a local C&C, and the seller suspiciously declined. Beyond this, the description and the seller both repeatedly said the build's intent was a fully smog legal car yet, it's put up for auction with a set of resonators installed as opposed to cats.

People were complaining about the number of smog regulated inquiries in the comments section, but it's a real concern. How can someone spend this kind of money (on a car that's not even paid off) and then not finish the build, all while saying it needs just a few things to be legal?

In the end I find it very disappointing. This was a seriously cool car with excellent build quality, but it's sad that the seller had to put it up for sale before it was finished. The car is build to such a high standard that it absolutely deserves someone who's going to take it across the finish line.

2012 BMW 135i Space Grey Metallic M-Sport DCT Dinan S2
Appreciate 2
Yeineken1299.00