View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 01:24 AM   #1
Shooto82
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1m

new oil cooler, more limp mode

Hey guys,
I’v been driving my car on track for the past 3 years during our winter season. I have the following engine mods
- Akra evolution + down pipe
- Forge FMIC
- ER Charge pipe
- K&N air filers
- Tune by PP Performance

Overall power is around 350whp. I haven’t been experiencing problems while tracking except for high oil temp commonly known in n54 engines so I either pit stop or go for a cool lap, which brings me to my main subject. I went for oil cooler upgrade from Dinan. The fit and finish was perfect. However once I have fitted and start tracking, I keep getting limp mode after literally 2 hot laps around 3 - 5 mins which I haven’t’ been experiencing before the oil cooler. I pit stop, let the car cool down, turn off the car, turn it back on again and car goes back to normal. I then go back to track and again same story. It happened to me twice in 2 different track days.
The error code was “P30FE” and appears to be over boost related, so took it to a garage to check all the fitting, check all piping, checked if there is a boost leak and everything was ok. I even took it to the dealer for normal service checkup and oil change and they also could suspect any problem with my car.
Can someone help me with the problem I am having. Is it tune related, or car is not calibrated enough with the new oil cooler, or any other things related…
Thank you
Appreciate 0