View Single Post
      11-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
fmowry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Another Joying install

After reading Stubbie Blue’s excellent installation instructions, I decided to install the Latest 7 inch universal head unit.

I looked on YouTube and noticed an installation in an e90 with the e90 specific head unit and wiring harness and reached out to Joying to see if I could purchase the e90 plug and play harness separately. The video showed a plug and play Canbus solution and working steering wheel controls.

The owner also showed another video where he upgraded the head unit with a newer Joying and the harness still worked.

Since the professional e88 and e90 head units are the same and the harness worked for both old and new Joying units, I speculated the Canbus harness would work for the e88 too. The Joying rep Candy sold me the universal head unit for 20% off and charged me $44 for the Canbus plug and play harness. The harness also comes with the antenna adapter. I installed it and fired it up and everything worked right off the bat. It got cold so I haven’t messed around or hooked up the camera yet but figured I’d post and add when I start messing with it more.

I had to go to the link on joying‘s website that showed the E90 specific head unit and in one of the photos I was able to find the Canbus wiring harness. I sent that picture to the rep and they worked with me to get it to me for $44.

I will update this when I get some more time with it.

So basically for $44 you can delete the PAC adapter and antenna adapter and not have to program anything.
Appreciate 2