View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 04:28 AM   #123
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Meanwhile I can drive my 135i with indistinguishable (or for the money, vastly greater) real world performance into the ground without a care about the future value.
This has always been an odd view to me. Someone pays almost as much for a loaded 135i and because it’s not perceived as being as collectible and values are much less prone to hold, there is a relaxed nature about how you can use the car without the fear of damaging the resale value. But fact is, you buy both, you drive both, the 1M still holds considerably more value than the 135i..

So why wouldn’t you just buy the car with higher value retention and use it the same, and when it comes time to sell (if that arrives), you still lose less money.

My friend paid $107K aud on a loaded 135i and said this to me also, he says he doesn’t need to worry about his car depreciating, but his car is now worth about $20K.

If I was choosing between three cars and couldn’t decide, I’d simply choose the car which would likely depreciate less. That has to be the best choice.
Appreciate 2
10"4974.50
JP-1M171.00