09-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #35
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Bottom line is that the best tire for the summer is a dedicated summer tire and the best tire for winter/snow duties is a dedicated winter tire. Anything else is a compromise.
No kidding? In that case, I'd probably just stack up a set of forged BBS's with one full set of slicks for track days, a set of PSS's for days it might rain, a set of studded snows for days it's nice and cold, and probably a set or two of any old tire just for smokey burn outs.

It's not all about cost. Not all of us are convinced that a 135i is god's gift to handling and sought a tire that suited how we felt about the car. Sort of middle of the road, a good bit of compromise in both handling and performance and stuck that tire on there. Sure, there are a few days a year that I would enjoy a PSS over the A/S, but if that were my take on this car, I'd have already sold it for a 1M or an M3 by now.

Whatever, for those that don't see any purpose to anything but the ne plus ultra of max summer tire for this car, carry on. I appreciate that those up north, including the OP would benefit from a full on set of snow tires, I don't, and I'm happy with a/s tires. I hope you all find a way to sleep at night knowing that I'm out there, enjoying all season tires on a 135i. Shudder.
Appreciate 0