Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey Ian I suspected that was the case.

IMHO,

what should be open to debate is why did BMW in all their wisdom, install a secondary radiator of such meagre proportions into a M vehicle, that is targeted at the track day enthusiast?

It makes you wonder if this was there way of moving all those BMW PPK components that were never sold, as the cost versus performance ratio of the kits were somewhat underwhelming.

Anyway whilst I am not saying it can definitely be done, as we have not performed a close inspection of the 1M front bar, but it would have been nice if BMW had fitted up oil and water coolers more in line with the volume of our cores, for the dedicated "track day" car that is the 1M...
Justin - I know it's a completely different car but when I was at the dealer a little while ago I had a good look at the new M5 and inside the front bumper and it appears to have a similar setup to the 1M. I thought it came standard with a dual oil cooler but it would not surprise me if I had mistaken it for an additional radiator. I lost count of how many cores they had in there I'm sure it's setup up this way for a purpose.
Appreciate 0