View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

I don't have any issues with the design of the shirt. I think it fits well with the spirit of the 1M which eschews the more restrained traditional Q car to boldly assert it's "M'ness" with the aggressive stance and aero-kit. I don't think a lot of wallflowers purchased 1Ms so we're pretty comfortable with wearing something that is a little more 'shouty' as long as it's tasteful (which I think this is in the right circumstances) and helps you identify fellow 1M'ers.

I, however, will not be buying one because it's insanely overpriced.

For most of us, locating, optioning, buying and waiting for the 1M was a huge ordeal. Because of its rarity, unless you jumped in early or lucked into a clueless dealer, it was very difficult to get any sort of incentive that is usually to be expected on most other M cars. I think BMW could have discounted or offered this shirt at cost to owners instead of trying to gouge us for what seems to be a triple digit markup (not sure how much a Polo shirt costs to make but it cant be $115 unless it's hand stitched by vestal virgins).

If some enterprising soul wants to design and offer an alternative for a reasonable price, I would be willing to consider.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0