View Single Post
      12-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #47
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Over the past few weeks I've been collecting parts to address my paint correction needs. I haven't given the paint much love since taking ownership earlier this year, and judging by the infinite amount of swirls, the previous owners haven't either. In direct sunlight, it nearly makes me cringe.

After mulling over how to approach correcting the paint, it came down to paying a professional or staying true to myself and just learning how to do it myself. A few weeks of research here and there, a few hours lost to Youtube tutorials, and some time on Amazon, and here's what I came up with for my Jet Black paint:

BMW touch up paint, small brushes, and IPA to correct some paint chips I have around the car.

Meguiar's D300 on a Griot's Garage fast cutting microfiber pad, followed by Meguiar's 205 on a Griot's Garage orange correcting pad, and finished off with Blackfire Wet Diamond on a Griot's Garage red waxing pad.

and a Griot's Garage 6 inch random orbital to do the grunt work:

I've also picked up some other miscellaneous items to assist along the way like clay, quick detailer, leather cleaner, plenty of microfiber towels, a pad brush, pad conditioner, and some Jet Black touchup paint that I'll be applying a week or so prior to undertaking the full detail.

If my research serves me well, I should probably set aside an entire weekend, morning until night, split over at least two days.

Last edited by chadillac2000; 12-22-2016 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
Matticus913474.50