View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #402
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
White models benefit from top lighting to create shadows in the details. I see that you use only two front facing lights, which will light the background as much as your subject. A 3rd top light will give you a bit more separation and create a more dramatic effect. I wouldn't use the lights in that configuration pictured either. I would move then to the side panels. and let them diffuse through. It will get rid of those bright shiny spots on the model. You can shine a 3rd top light through the top panel. I've posted this pic here before, but it shows what I'm talking about:

Norev 118 by JMG, on Flickr

This is on a white paper background. I use daylight 5000k 100w bulbs. I think I used 3 lights here and exposed for the white car, which allowed the white background to be darker.

Thank for the help guys, I do point the two light through the sides but I was lazy and nicked the example photo from eBay just to show the photo booth.

I smoke a lot and I have stupidly left the booth out for months without putting it away so it is possible that the booth has changed colour to of white

I plan to buy another booth as they are only £20.00, I will have four lights then so I can then try a third light on the top of the booth.

I will have to get a friend to put a shelf on the wall so that I can place the third light on it, I am a wheelchair user so I won't be able to reach it though

LOL I place the photo booth on the kitchen table and I have to watch I don’t burn my armpits when I switch the red hot lights off Ha Ha

Another thing that I did pick up from the links that bmw1racer gave me was taking the photos in the dark at night instead of leaving my kitchen tube light on and that helped.

I saw my first 1:1 M2 today in the fleash and my 1:1 photos are a lot better either, call me a 1er snob but I don't understand the looks of the M2 from the front

Cotswold BMW Cheltenham UK
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...dfMjExUE5HUURB

Last edited by Diamondblackcars; 06-02-2018 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4185.00