01-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #34
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by schernov View Post
So I have an air leak at approx 70-72MPH on driver side. Replaced a full door rubber seal all th way around. That did not fix it.
Tried the tube fix - the vertical side (Home Depot has it) - actually made it worse.
As I was driving, I cracked the window just slightly and the noise did not go away - so even with the window not sealed it still was wistling.
My friend who is bmw tech looked at all of the tolerances and said window is adjusted correctly both hight and tilt.
Take a US dollar bill... have someone sit inside the car. Open the door and then close the door onto half the bill. So that the person inside the car can pull the dollar bill in... like in a sawing motion and the person outside the car can pull it back out. Work your way around the door seal... when it gets easier to slide the bill in & out... you found the area where the door seal isn't contacting the window fully.

3M also makes a white powder spray... you spray it on the edge of the window... then close the door... and see where the window isn't making full contact with the door seal. I know Mattos (an autobody supply shop) sells this 3M spray.

You might also want to reset the door window learned limits... with the window down... press and hold the DOWN window switch for five secs. Then roll the window all the way up(with the door closed!) and then press and hold the UP window switch the same. This resets the learned stopping points for the window regulator.

Dackel
Appreciate 0