View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #77
Z3SpdDmn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: PWC #80 M235iR, #007 SpecE30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
The 328i rear caliper piston is 42 mm and will shift your bias to the rear which helps if you've installed the E82 6 pistons, E90 335i single pistons, or F30 4 piston.
This is what I ended up doing in a last-minute effort to get the car wrapped up for the track weekend. I also had the Sport Brake option coded into the DSC ECU, which presumably calls up a revised ABS calibration. It is my assumption that there is an alternate ABS cal, though it could be a stability control cal, or maybe both, to deal with the forward bias.

The forward bias should be more natually-split for limit braking, but actually give up a bit on sub-limit around-town driving, where you can make more use of the rear brakes since the weight isn't transferred off. This will just result in a bit more dive and front brake wear under normal braking conditions.

On the track, it was obviously front-limited (on shot 225/45/17 Michelin PS2's with potentially too much negative camber), but the ABS was not freaking out and engaging excessively prematurely. If I add some grip, it may continue to balance out at the limit.

Thanks for the comments.
So, what you're all telling me is that the difference in offset between 328i and 128i is coming from the actual wheel hub?
Pirelli World Chalenge: Rooster Hall Racing/FCP Euro #80 M235iR - 2017 Rookie of the Year
NASA ST2 5.2 Motorsports Shelby GT350 #941
'08 "130i GT" 6MT / '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT / SpecE30
Drive Faster Now
Appreciate 0