View Single Post
      09-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #71
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Believe me, i see where you are coming from... and i will admit that a stick 128 would extract that little bit more that the car has to give, that we with paddles miss. It just as one (me) gets older, smarter ??, calmer... i have found ways to simulate that missed sensation, while still having the daily driver that i really need, and having no remorse of the simulation then the real thing...

Ya, honestly the simulation which is actually better and faster has finally made it to BMW in the form of the DCT. The SMG was as fast as the 6mt, but was a bear to drive any other time, esp in traffic. I haven't driven a dct 135, but i did drive a dct m3 and it was great. I might have spent the extra money on a new '11 if it weren't for the n55 motor, not enough aftermarket support for my liking yet.

The reason to stay stick is simply because you like it, i agree, especially now... and the BMW step is pretty darn good, even the GM unit (in the _28) i've seen talked down about here. Maybe those people don't remember the move from GM to ZF that happened around 01-03 where I had a step crap out at 52k....and I wasn't alone. Then in 04 back to GM and relatively trouble free..