View Single Post
      09-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #86
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
Thanks so much. No here is a little more difficult question because it's subjective. What did you think of the power of the 328i? Obviously, the 135 and 335 will be significantly faster. Again I would get this with a stick. I'd be happy if it can hit 60 MPH in 7 seconds of so. I had a 1995 318ti Club Sport and was happy with the performance. Only a few times on the highway did I wish for more passing speed. I'm thinking the 128/328 would be sufficient as they would have more power than the 318ti.

Thanks,
Leif W.
I like the power of the NA 3.0. It's plenty of get up and go.
Plus, with MT you'll have total control over the power band.
Even the Step isn't that bad as the engine has plenty of power.

Power builds nicely in the NA engine. it's progressive with more revs and it's linear. Throttle response is BETTER than in the TT engine, and I like that VERY much in the NA engine.

Even after owning my TT for over a year, every time I get a loaner 328i, I enjoy it. The engine sound at high revs is super nice, very high tech mechanical but very smooth too. It doesn't have any harshness all the way to red line. It feels like it can easily go beyond 7k rpm.
It's a gem of an engine. It's a BMW engine after all.

Yes, my 135i has brute force power and it gives a thrill when you want it.
It just has ballz. But, if you don't need it, and most don't, the NA engine is great.
I liked my E46 325i sport 3.0 with only 187hp and a bit less torque than that. This NA 3.0 has 230hp. You'll love it.
Appreciate 0