View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #76
wjk_glynn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 C2S Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate340 View Post
I may be having pad knockback as I do recall once or twice that my pedal is suddenly firm while at the last braking zone it was very soft.
I've experienced this with my Stoptech BBK, along with a minor version on the street where there is a small amount of variability in brake pedal travel/pressure from application to application. Sometimes it's rock hard, sometimes there's a small bit of squish... And this happens from block to block, during regular driving around town.

The shop I take the car to is very reputable (they even race their own 135i) and I trust their work. The wheel bearings are good, the brakes were bled a few times with Endless RF-650 fluid, etc...

They said it's the classic symptom of knockback, but I'm struggling to believe that I could get hints of that at 35-40 mph surburban driving.

It should be noted that on test drives, they don't see (or more accurately feel) this issue. These are good & experienced guys. But I swear that minor variability is still there for me. My Land Rover LR3 and VW Passat have more consistent brake feel around town, and I don't recall the variability with the 135i OEM setup.

And then you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate340 View Post
master cylinder failure seems to be the issue.thanks for all the advice.
So I gotta know more, please tell...

Thanks.

Karl.

Last edited by wjk_glynn; 06-08-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0