09-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
So a few months ago... back in April or so I had my car go into the shop for a recall of the tail lights which they put new seals to keep water (moisture) out. However after a couple months I am starting to notice moisture and residue that dries up on the inside of my tail lights...

I am going to bring it in to the dealer to ask about it, but what are the chances that they will replace the entire tail light since they have already replaced the seals..? I would hate for my warranty to go out and the seals to fail again and blow out my lights.

If in fact they do warrant a replace do you think I could convince my SM to go ahead and put in the new LCI lights?
They replaced my seals too, but my one light still went out after they did that.. And I noticed moisture in the one light by the tubes that didn't go out so it might be related..

So make a fuss and get them to replace it if you can.

Regarding LCI instead of the replacements; No I tried that LOL...They say they have to replace with same parts.. So I purchased LCI and told them to install those instead of the old ones when I take it in Then give me the brand new pre-LCI lights in a box.

But I had already DIY'd my LCI tail lights, and they wouldn't just give me my new pre-LCI tail light parts :/ So i had to change them back to pre-LCI, book+ take the car in, then give them my LCI lights, let them install them, and then let them give me the new pair of pre-LCI tail lights...lol

You may have better luck though
Appreciate 0