08-16-2021, 11:20 PM   #4
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausmurry View Post
Hi all, New 128i owner and first time BMW owner, I actually just sold my loaded 2014 Audi S4 6 speed and am now dailying my 08 128i 6 speed because I like it so much. Anyway..

Car has 113k, it is an n51 engine, overall it runs good but it has some small issues I'd like to address.

Biggest thing is going from a stop the car starts to stall very easily, especially in reverse, I have to really ride the clutch to get it going and the throttle response is sucky. Both DISA valves have been replaced, I've cleaned MAF and spark plugs look good aswell. I'm thinking maybe change the CCV cover thing?

I'm open to suggestions on what to look at. No codes or anything, I also had an issue where I had some ticking from the head at idle, and as soon as I opened the oil fill cap and tightened it back down it stopped. Weird little small issues.

Thanks for any help
I realize it's an old reply. But with the ticking at idle, I've read holding the idle at 2k for a few minutes could fix it albeit temporarily.

Since you have an N51 you could probably take it to the dealer and complain about the noise and they'll replace everything but the hood badge and vanity cover

With regards to the easily stalling, Do you have someone else with a manual 1 to compare it to?
Appreciate 0