View Single Post
      02-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
HISI808
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
Howzit HISI808. Im a born and raised in Hawaii guy who is working in Vegas now. I have the mobility kit from BMW in my trunk. I cant wait to upgrade to non runflats. I am looking at either Advan AD08's or Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs. Any thoughts on which is better? Also, if I change rims, what the largest and widwst tire and rim size I can put on my car? On a different note, I was back home last week in Honolulu. Is it just me or are the roads really bad back there.
Aloha 808@702,

Sorry but I am not a tire/rim offset/width expert by any means. I suggest you do a forum search for the rims you want to buy and I'm sure someone else has already bought them and figured out the correct offsets and tire combinations.

I agree with you, the roads here are terrible! Potholes, tons of road construction, steel plates, uneven road surfaces everywhere.

I plan on getting a set of Advan RZ's when my run-flats wear out. Biggest I am willing to go is 18 inches for fear of bending a rim if I hit a pothole. I plan to pair these with either a set of Yokohama S drives or Hankook V12's.
Appreciate 0