View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 01:10 PM   #9
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
And herein lies the rub with my situation...I have both Bentley 3 series manuals. I got the first one when I got my 2008 335. When I got my 135, I purchased the newer one as it ostensibly had more N55 stuff in it. So I pulled out that one for this job.

However, What I discovered today is that the older manual states both 8.8 and 10.9 specs in the torque section but the newer one only lists one spec, the 10.9 spec, in the equivalent section without specifying it is 10.9. If I had just pulled out my *old* Bentley manual, I would have gotten it right! A little frustrated with Bentley right now. Glad I stumbled across your comment...wish I had stumbled across it two days earlier...
The newer manual lists the torque spec of 100 Nm + 90 Deg but doesn't show any grade of bolt? If yes, maybe you are ok in light of Mighty Mouse Tech's statement?

However, I'd still be uneasy b/c of what I said about finding ~100 Nm as the max torque spec for m12 grade 8.8. Maybe someone with an engineering background will chime in here.