View Single Post
      09-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #183
Reial
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82 123d 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The LCI's work for all US cars. Because your car is EU/UK specs... and that you don't have xenons... you might need to upgrade your footwell module(and have it coded). The Blackline's & LCI tail lights need a FR3 module. I suspect yours is a FR1 module. Looking at the ETK(online parts catalog) you also need the wiring harness adaptor...

Blacklines p/n 63212225282
FR3 module p/n 61359263804
harness adaptor p/n 61122219698

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=03_0754

IF your car was built after 09/2009 you only need the #282 Blackline tails. IF your car was built before Sept '09 you will need the new footwell module and harness.

Best thing would be to ask a dealer IF you could plug one tail light into your car's wiring harness and see IF the LED tubes light up.

Order the #282 blackline kit - its cheaper than order each tail light separately.

Dackel
Thanks for the reply.

I thought I had read on other threads that this wouldn't be required and would be just PNP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crematoriant View Post
If you have pre-lci model with pre-lci tail lights then the tail lights have 3 horizontal led tubes (tail light on the right). And if you want to upgrade on lci tail lights (tail light on the left) there won't be problems with it. They should be PnP even if you have halogen model. Only lci halogen models have to "jump wire" in tail lights connectors to make them works.
From another thread.

If that is the case then guess I'm sticking with the 3 bar ones, if I can find them
Appreciate 0