Thread: Alpine Hifi Kit
View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #48
quasio
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

(this is on an E87 so may be abit different) Just installed the speakers only yesterday, will do the amp this weekend. But have ran into an issue. i did notice the doors were slightly harder to clip in, but they seemed to clip in ok..

Now this afternoon i noticed my drivers (right) door skin was pressed against the dash and it made a small indent in the skin (softish vinyl material), pretty sure it had some clearance before.

i have a feeling my the frequency switch isn't mounted correctly. The other side seems ok. It seemed a little hard to press the door back on, but it did click.
How has everyone mounted it? across the two bolts that are closer together? as pointed to by the install instructions. Or another two bolts?

if i install it on two bolts that are closer together the frequency switch seems to hang out of the perimeter of the speaker, maybe causing the door not to fit quite right?

i think if i were to go the longer bolts, it would at least sit inside the perimeter of the speaker, giving better clearance (is there other issues like interrupting the sound back wave? shrug).

Anyway just wondering if anyone else had this issue? and which bolts gives the best clearance.
Appreciate 0