View Single Post
      03-18-2015, 11:41 PM   #25
jafo1701
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelTech View Post
Experienced the exact same issue with the RB SS piston and seal kit.The RB seal kit has issues at low temperatures. Everything was O.K until the temperature dropped to 0 degrees celsius (32 degrees F) then the front as well as the rear calipers began leaking. RB has no replacements and was not very helpful to provide an alternative source to obtain the parts. The problem is that the front kit from BMW, from what I have discovered, is only the dust seals. The rear kit is oil pressure seals and dust boots. Zechausen Racing has a Centric seal kit for the front & rear calipers. Dave was extremely helpful and went to great lengths to get these parts. Will update once I rebuild the calipers.
That would make sense. It got to -20 degrees F here in Iowa during the winter. Of course my car is stored in a unheated garage. In reference to the BMW kit, I went to the BMW dealership today and neither the front or rear kit had the seals. I had to order the repair kit through rock auto parts. They had the Centric and Carlson rebuild kits. I also saved the old seals from when I rebuilt the calipers originally, but prefer to use new ones.

I was hoping to get everything rebuilt this weekend, but looks like the parts won't be here in time now. My original plan was to work on my ZHP. It's due for an oil change. The both belts are starting to crack and the brakes and rotors front and rear need to be done. Guess it'll have to wait a few more weeks.

Last edited by jafo1701; 03-19-2015 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0