View Single Post
      07-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #11
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Had a track weekend at Gingerman with WMHM... always a ton of fun. I rarely had the gopro or harry's lap timer out since I was too busy, but of the one session Harry's did capture I show a 1:43.9. Below is a video from a different session which also seems to capture a high 1:43. I *may* have went slightly faster in subsequent sessions as I was getting more comfortable with the car, but I doubt they ever broke the 42s. In general I was very impressed with the car. It the grand scheme of BMW builds its very simple, budget style build yet I got within 3 seconds of my personal best with my E90 M3 which had take off slicks, clubsport suspension, brakes, and minor engine mods.

Username of car owner: WhatsADSM
Driver Name: WhatsADSM
Track: Gingerman Raceway
Configuration: CW (Standard)
Lap Time: 1:43.87
Tires: 245/275 Hankook Z214
Other: Tune, Downpipe, IC, Radiator/Oil Cooler. ST Coilovers, M3 Arms, RSFB, 340mm F30 Front Brakes, PFC 08, Custom Brake Ducting, 245/275 Hankook Z214.

Here is a full session for more enjoyment. BTW you can hear right at the end of this video, before I pass the start finish, the car complete cut on me during a nasty limp mode due to oil temps well over 300*F. It had already reduced my power that lap, but eventually the DME took more drastic measures when I kept trying to go for it (I finally had some open road!):

Last edited by WhatsADSM; 07-17-2017 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0