View Single Post
      12-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #18
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

ducts, and fitment

i just got my bumper installed, and it was kind of a paint.

tun3d, please chime in since you have had 3 of them and mostly likely one of them will be like mine.

1) For starters, the bumper is taller then the original one, so the bottom hangs lower then the tire covers. for this, the bumper came with " ] " shaped brackets to hold this separation. the problem is that from the side or rear, you can see the separation.
On top of that, you can see through the long vertical opening on the end of the bumper, and you can see this ugly bracket too.

2)The bumper sits well in the top portion of the car, keeping a nice snug below the headlights, and also the 3 bolts that hold it behind the wheel cover. but the bottom holes to not match the stock covers. they are all separated the same, as if the bumper is too outside. but there is no more space, the bumper cover is touching the bumper itself. I had to secure the bottom with zip ties.

Considering point 2, I want to know if the 1m air ducts idea will still work, if the bumper is not as close as it should be to the ducts. I will post pics showing this separation. Looking at my ducts, i can imagine how the 1m ducts will fix this ugly look. does that mean the 1m duct line up perfectly with a 1m replica bumper that is not the same width? If you had pictures of the 135i with this solution, i would love to see it and it would help alot.

as always, thanks for your help and i hope u had a merry xmas.
Appreciate 0