05-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #416
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBURKE555 View Post
I am planning to change brake fluid, differential fluid and transmission fluid this week at the local BMW dealer. I'm supplying brake fluid and was planning to use BMW fluids in the differential and transmission. Dealer cannot get transmission fluid. Any suggestions ? Car has 16k and fluid has never been changed.
would change it for sure. It's coming on 9 years now and it was supposed to have been changed at 2000KM. Just put it off until you get the LT5 Fluid. You only need two liters and should be able to be shipped easily. A couple of years ago I was at my dealer and they offered me 4 bottles of LT5 at half price. They were part of the original shipment from 2011 and they had a USE BY DATE of 2016 stamped on the bottle from the manufacturer. So that use by date is for just sitting in a sealed plastic bottle on a shelf not in your gearbox. These fluids are not just affected by mileage but also exposure to the elements and changes in humidity etc. So definitely change it and I would use BMW LT-5 or if you can't get that, try this Pentosin FFL3:
"This is the OEM equivalent of BMW MTF LT-5 fluid for ZF GS645BZ manual transmissions on 2011+ models, such as E82 135i, E9X 335i, F30 335i, F32 435i, F87 M2, and F8X M3/M4. Use this oil if your transmission has a MTF label on the side. LT-5 is GL-4 rated and 75W80"

This fluid is also used in DSG and PDK transmissions on VW and Porsche products. I also own a VW GTI and was surprised to find out it was the same fluid.

I change mine every 4 years. It is very easy if you are mechanically inclined.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50