10-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #49
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
Here's a question.... I have the BMW performance muffler. I was under the impression that the pipes have to be cut to install it, but Im really not sure. For me to get this would I have to do the stage 2? I am really confused by the whole cutting thing and am not sure if I can take the BMW perf muffler off and put another axle back in its place.
Basically what you effectively have if you did do the cutting is you already have something similar to what the stage2 bits are. (cutting removes rear resonators... you have stock front bits of the catback which actually contains cats, and then the new section where old resonators were.) If cut in the right places and your bmw performance is decently flush with the rear of the car, you can buy the axel back and leave the cut and connceted bits up. Thats what I plan on doing with mine.

stage 0 and bmw's "midpipes" will be different in that you'll have the rear cats in place. AFAIK if you arent going downpipes route, leaving the 2 cats in the midpipes isnt going to affect performance much.
Appreciate 0