11-06-2018, 04:20 PM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
I've had horrendous luck with non-BMW rotors; always end up with a bad steering wheel shake no matter how many miles or how I've driven on them, especially under spirited driving. This has happened 2 or 3 times now replacing rotors with non-BMW stuff. My BMW rotors put up with track days with full race pads and I never had an issue with em. Extra money seems worth it to me.
thrust rods...
Name:  thrus rod e82  lt.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  61.5 KB

You might want to check your front control arm bushings. On the front suspension, the thrust rod bushings go bad, and often times people think they have bad or warped rotors. When it fact it is the inner rubber bushing where it attached to the body that is shot. Typically you can feel the steering wheel wobble as you brake light to medium from say 45 mph to 20 mph, with no brake pedal pulsation... that is your front thrust rod bushings shot.

You can try using your foot to roll backwards the tire... IF it moves a lot than the thrust rod bushings are shot. But sometimes you need to get the wheel up in the air to check them.

But I also understand why you(and I!!) prefer BMW original brake rotors... they just are made of better quality steel, heavier metal than the OEM (aftermarket)brands, like, Zimmerman, Brembo, ebay, etc.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
asbrr543.00