View Single Post
      08-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #25
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
That is all BMW does when they don't get their way. They run away with tails between their legs. Why do you think they haven't been back to 24hr Le Mans, since the year ACO made them change the suspension on their E92 M3 GT car. All they do all season in ALMS is whine, when they are aloud to run a car that never existed on showroom floors and run a engine that is derived from a powerplant that is no longer in production. They run the most downforce in the class running a converted GT3 car, yet that have the audacity to complain about not having enough top end. Let see if BMW is back in ALMS next year, or will they leave that too.
They've been in many, many different GT series throughout their history and not always dominant, but they apparently run away when things don't go their way? Was joining DTM them running away? Like the previous poster mentioned, F1 exit was more a product of the recession (which hurt many of the teams)than anything else, they struggled that season but had a pretty decent season the year before. There's also rumors of a return, possibly as an engine supplier if anything else. As far as I know, the Z4 GT3 is perfectly in line with the homologation rules, the engine was in production when it was first created and thus it's valid as long as BMW keeps racing that car. They likely weren't ready to for a turbo or NA derived engine at the time so they went with the workhorse.

You seem to get upset whenever BMW motorsports (BMW in general it seems sometimes) are involved, at least of the posts I've seen. I just find it strange someone who seems to have such disdain for BMW motorsports finds this a good place to vent when clearly most here don't agree.

Last edited by tallshortguy; 08-05-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0