02-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #5
JCip91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 135 DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
To continue I did purchase and install a JB4 but do not have any pictures. I have in a rush and did not have any time. The install did go smoothly though.

I did upgrade the charge pipe to a VRSF one. I am iffy on this one. I do like how steady the bend is but the fit and finish does not sit well with me. I will write a review and post it here.

I did have some problems at first with the JB4. I was experimenting with map 8 and went to switch to another map while I was driving. Well CEL came on with the half engine light so turned it off and back on again. No biggy. Then I realized the car was not holding boost, could not get more than 8 or 10 pounds. Took it to a friend's house and we pulled it off and cleaned the CAN wires and that did the trick.

And my buddies 1er. A 2011 135i 6-speed.

I was not a fan of the black on silver interior so I bought some 3M CF wrap to fix it. This was the first mod that was done at home...everything else was done in the parking lot of the apartment complex I lived at during college My father was fascinated on how this whole wrapping thing went. He couldn't get how the wrap shrunk with heat and how pliable it becomes. He gave it a shot and ended up being good at it. Here is the final result. Can't even feel the bumps through the wrap either.

My buddy convinced me to get a muffler delete on the e46 and I loved it so why not carry over the tradition to the e82? The tips I purchased for the delete are the ECS 3.5 inch gloss black tips and they are great quality. Very solid.

With the tips installed. They fill the space pretty well. I will get a better shot eventually to show it more. The only problem is one pipe flows better and is much darker than the other. I might stuff a sock in it to darken up the other so it matches

Appreciate 0