02-08-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
JCip91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 135 DCT

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
The first suspension mod that was done is the 1M strut bar. This was a gift so why not give it a shot. I was not in the car long enough to get a good feel for a before and after review but it does seem to turn in a little better. I wanted it mainly for the ease of adjusting coilovers in the future.

All did not go smoothly though. I found out the hard way on how much power I need to get up my driveway when it snows. I have a short but steep driveway so I need to get a head start to get up it. Well picked up too much speed and took out the retaining wall around the driveway. Phil walked away with a bent rim, a cut tire and, a weird flapping/thudding during hard braking and hard acceleration. I still do not know what that noise is.

Here is the wall

And how far the car fell. Probably around a 18 inch drop.

Other than the noise the car performs fine. You can see how little snow was on the ground. This was taken the morning after.

When I got the jb4 I did not get the USB cable. Ended up getting it a few months later. Here is how the cable was routed. Instead of taking out the computer I just fished the cable around the top and down. Very easy.

That is all I have done to the car for now. I have more parts coming so I will keep this thread updated. If You guys have any questions let me know
Appreciate 1