View Single Post
      03-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #147
JRMorgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ View Post
Well, I'm sure it'll make another noticable difference once I go to coilovers, but thus far my mods have corrected the most glaring short comings of the stock suspension, especially if it's for a daily driver.

The nice thing is that you can make a pretty big change to the cars handling for a modest investment.

-M3 (TRW) arms -$400
-E92 (or E93 for a vert) FSB - $300
-RSFB -$200
-Alignment - $100
-Front strut pin removal for better camber - Free

So for a grand (if you DIY) you can make a pretty big change to the cars handling and in my opinion really transforms it. Much more so that $1000 set of coilovers, which I definitely don't want on my car. Given I'm not looking to lower the car for a few reasons, such as maintaining stock geometries, it's good for now. In a few months I'll be going to the Ohlins R&T and change out the rear control arms but feel as though I can now wait and get the good stuff instead of rushing in to something less expensive.
I like your approach and I want to do the same. But I really can't DIY it. So what rear parts do you think I should change while I have someone doing the RSFB? I really want to take care of as much as I can while someone is working on it.
Appreciate 0