01-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #22
mccandless
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
I did this with blue LEDs and white face gauges. I also put the M and 135i in it. Mine are just stickers though. So your saying you can make the plastic insert with all the numbers correctly spaced and everything. I would really like to buy one from you if you are. I would need something custom to go with my blue LEDs. Do you know if the other member you referenced ever finished the LED swap with the radio, sunroof/SOS switch and start button. I'll PM him and ask. Just though if mention it. Those are the only 3 things left and then I have 100% swapped orange interior to blue. Here's a pic of mine. Doesn't look anywhere as good as yours and would like to replace it if you make me something. I had troubles because the tach has that little writing that says x1000. Which would glow if I covered it up. I did the best with what I had 2 summer ago. After seeing yours I need this to happen. Pm me with what I need to do please. Here's a pic of mine. I also made a thread if you search for blue led instrument cluster.
I saw your DIY, it was very helpful when I replaced my LED's for white ones. I used white because i can print transparent color on the back of the overlay and make the backlight any colors I want. I'd love to do blue like your's, but I'm not up for the work required to change all the LED's in the car like you did.

There is one limitation with the method I'm using. The text must be white for the backlight to work properly. That means no white face gauges.
Appreciate 0