Thread: 1M vs M2
View Single Post
      03-31-2017, 06:34 PM   #21
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

I own a BSM 1M and an AW F80 ZCP. I also just got back from a 2-day M school where I drove the M2, M3 ZCP, and M4 ZCP all out for two straight days.

In my opinion the 1M has the most soul and is the most fun. It is the only car that literally shoves you back in your seat every shift and has the rear end dance at moderate speeds. The F8Xs on the other hand are the opposite - brutally fast if a bit sterile. The ZCP versions have grip for miles and the ergonomics are nearly perfect (the ZCP exhaust is also pure gold). The M2 attempts to be somewhere in between - if feeling a bit artificial in doing so. The M2 does not have the sheer feel of power like the 1M and does not feel nearly as stable as the F8Xs. Also, I had some ergonomic issues with the slanted seat (definitely noticeable after driving the cars back to back) and just the general seat to wheel position. The M2 is very fast though and only a couple of 10ths behind the M4 on the Spartanburg track for me.

Also, while personal preference I rank the looks as 1M>M3 (both have dat ass) >>> M4 >>>>>>>>M2 (the rear looks to "stilted", high, and large in an unattractive way). I truely think the M3 is more of a modern day E39 M5 (that's the reason I got it to drive my 6 month old daughter around) and the 1M is a bit like a Z3 or Z4 M coupe in that its sole mission is driving pleasure. This leaves the M2 filling more of the traditional M3 role - sporty, fast, luxurious, and acceptable on a date or business function.
Appreciate 2
seis-speed2430.50