View Single Post
      10-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

HELP! Winter Prep and Hibernation to do's

I've learned so much from you guys and so I'm all ears on this issue... I'll be putting my beloved 1M away for the winter.....Northern Virginia is ridiculous with salt application regardless of snow/no snow. They pre-treat roads even if there is no precipitation expected! As soon as it hits freezing temps they pre-treat. Crap, they close schools down if it gets to cold....lol

So, what do I need to to do? This will be my first winter putting it away for 3-4 months? Thinking December to March. Now, if we get a great day out, I'll take her out for a spin.....assuming no previous winter event or known treatment applications have been done.

1) Battery Tender... I have one, but how do I hook up through engine bay rather than trunk? Show me pictures and talk me through it like I'm 5 years old please.

2) Tires..... do I need to worry about flat spots? Should I increase or decrease tire pressure? Any tricks here?

3) Gas..... assuming I should fill it up? Any additives?

4) Should I start her up in the garage every week for 5-10 minutes?

Any other recommendations or suggestions??? I'm open to whatever makes sense!

I did get a car cover for it even though it will be garaged ........btw- I got a ton of grief from the wifey on that....LOL
Appreciate 0