10-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #11
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
I have been driving it, that is what is confusing me a bit. I did have a 3-5 day window where I moved it, washed it, moved it back, then moved it again, without driving it more, also conditioned leather with doors opened. I put 50 miles on it yesterday, so going to check it out later today....
I find the same thing - I do 1/2 of driving on average per day, but still have to top the battery up at least once a month with the charger to avoid that warning on the dash. I got the car second hand, so I don't know how old the battery is; but I expect the BMW doesn't turn its self off completely so things like comfort access or accessories that are still plugged in drain the battery more than in a 'normal' car. The cheapest way to fix it is to ignore it (assuming you park in a place where mains power is available), and top the battery up with a charger.

Otherwise, the first step is 'diagnosis by treatment' - replace your battery with a new one of the biggest capacity you can fit.

Also, it's generally not a problem with our cars since the battery is so well protected - but before you suspect anything else, it'd be worth checking your battery terminals connectors are tight, clean and making good contact.

Only after you've done all that and in the very unlikely event that you're still getting the problem with daily driving and a new battery, then I'd suspect the alternator (or charging circuitry).
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50