07-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #26
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
I see your point-ish, I'm in BMW Sales and have sipped from the water cooler right next to the display Z4.

put 2 sets of golf clubs in the new one and 2 duffel or carry-on bags for couples weekend resort road-trip. Top down or up makes no difference. Impossible for the old and this is the reason for soft tops.
Challenge you to top down a new Z4 trip to Costco and fit bundles Bounty, Charmin and dishwasher & laundry soap, trash liners few other misc items and buy booze for the bet you'll lose if you don't think it'll fit.

Real world usage top down fun, trunk with zero intruding hinges, mechanics or partitions.
You're in BMW sales and didn't know the old one was bigger? Tsk tsk. jk

Ya, for sure, if you don't wanna worry about 'oh crap, will my top be up/down during my errand?', sure the new one is 'better' since there's no change. However, if we are talking about practicality (I know, a bit weird since it's a fun convertible car, *however* it is EXTREMELY practical for 2 ppl and I can personally vouch that), gotta go w the biggest size configuration and not only is the old one bigger, the dimensions are more usable. No one is putting a gun to my head saying top must be down always!!, esp if I'm making a Costco run or what have you lol.

I think there's no excuse that the rag's trunk is actually smaller than the old car, it's still laughable..where did all the saved space go???...that's the main pt of having a rag besides supposedly being lighter, cuz the trade-off is that it's not as good looking, secure, insulating, etc.
Appreciate 0