View Single Post
      10-17-2007, 09:27 PM   #49
flanagan
Fits in the Rear Seats
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
I'm definitely considering it. I'm lurking around the e90post waiting to see if anyone's motor blows first. that is a lot of power(especially v2), makes me a little nervous.
I honestly wouldn't worry too much about an off-the-shelf Vishnu (or any other reputable vendor) ECU product paired with a stock engine. I've been lurking on Subaru boards since before the Impreza 2.5RS came out (read: way too long) and, despite some people being bitter that Shiv seemed to "move on" to the Evo, and now BMW, noone ever had a problem with any of his ECU products.

In fact, as he moved to the Evo, noone there had any problems with him on a stock engine. The only problems that crept up were when people started replacing turbos, pushing the boost up around 30lbs, and pushing the block to its limits. Even the Procede V2 pushes less than 20lbs of boost on a very robust block.

The one thing that always got me about Shiv was his commitment to what he calls "margin of safety". If it's going to push the engine too far, he won't do it in an off-the-shelf product. It could be said that he will for a custom tune if pushed enough, since that's where any failures have occurred. But, if he sticks to his guns, I don't think you'll ever see a blown engine as a result of a simple ECU tune from Vishnu, or anyone else reputable for that matter.
Appreciate 0