View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 11:12 PM   #11904
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
The high-rpm lack of power is a result of the 3-stage intake manifold. There's a resonance issue that starts-up and persists past ~6500rpm. That's why the N54 manifold is gaining popularity lately. I don't want to do headers until the very last second on my car. VA emissions testing is the issue (although I'd technically still pass with stock secondary cats). My suspension is pretty well modded (see my build thread), M3 arms were the first thing I did to my car . I was using 245's, but went back down to 225's with my new Bridgestone RE-71R's.

Heel-toeing in this car is just awful. I've got it pretty much nailed on the street, but the track is the issue for me. The pedal goes too far past the gas pedal, and I end up missing it entirely and just releasing the clutch smoothly in the gear I want so I can focus on braking and turning at the right points. Slower tracks where my brakes are a little firmer like Shenandoah circuit at Summit Point, heel-toeing is far easier. It really needs a lighter flywheel, and my car needs a louder exhaust so I can actually hear the engine's speed.

It's funny you say that, as my issue is the opposite; the brake pedal goes too far to heel-toe effectively. This is probably an unfortunate side effect of swapping four-piston calipers without getting a larger master cylinder to compensate.
Yeah, like the other poster said, I find it easier on track, but I don’t have too much of an issue either way.
Appreciate 1