05-23-2019, 06:37 AM   #11916
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
You gotta love those nice and shiny things! Kind of an unassuming setup isn’t it? Perfect for the road, awesome for the track. Hence,it’s worthy name!

Are the rear Swifts 672 lb/in? And what kind of 17in wheels are those? I’m assuming you run 225/45s?
They're 160N/mm or about 900lbs/in. It's a very unassuming package. Driver mod probably plays a part in this, but I gained at least an entire football field on a new ZL1 Camaro after a corner coming off a straightaway (obviously, 650hp wins there). After a few laps of eating bumper, I got the point-by.

225/45-17's, they're cheap-o Sport Edition SE-16's I got from Tire Rack on clearance. 17x7.5 ET40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I know right? I first thought I'd want it lower but it handles so much better I just left it in my case it was just a bit lower than stock.
The camber gain is more favorable at a stock ride height, even though static camber decreases. So when you really lean into it, you just get that little bit of extra grip. Mine's a little lower than stock was for my car, but it's probably equivalent to M-Sport suspension height. I really like how usable and abusable it is now.