View Single Post
      06-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Just called my independent shop about whether I should get this mod. They do performance upgrades to many vehicles so I trust their advice.

They said if you are tracking the car get it.

If you are running a piggy back tune ie. JB4, get it because it tricks your ECU into boost levels. With a flash the boost is more controlled and the car is expecting the boost. I can't remember all of what they said but that's the jist of it.

For my application (which will be a flash tune w/ intercooler) they said I would not need it and the stock pipe will be fine.

They have tuned many 535's 135's 335's and have not seen any stock charge pipes fail.

Their advice to me would be that that money is better spent elsewhere for performance mods.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0