Spieltag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 AW/KR-B

Garage List
2015 BMW m235  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
The physical plateaus you mention are extreme examples in world class athletes. I can guarantee the OP is not approaching that, but actually has more of a mental plateau. As he mentioned, he gets bored and then tries to switch things up and gets bored again.

Absolutely agree with you on variation, periodization, and intensity. I think the OP just really doesn't know what to do and needs to get with someone that can guide him a bit (partner or trainer).
I could agree but plateus can happen at the start of workout programs once the initial neurological progress halts (1-3 months). It can also occur pretty easily if initial volumes are too high and not enough recovery is put in. Even if you are going to train by yourself, train smart and make that time count. You don't need to spend 5 hours inthe gym. In fact, with some clients during certain strength and power phases, I keep it under 15 reps total for deadlifts for example. If that is a 5-3-1, with warm ups or it could be a 3x3 variation or you could do 5x2. It all depends on the metabolic response you are trying to achieve. Volume can be achieved in different ways, along with intensity and quality.

Last edited by Spieltag; 11-28-2014 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 0