View Single Post
      07-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #45
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

This is the reason that I don't go back to the Ring. There are a ton of people on TDD's that go with crap cars or rent a "race car" and think they can't drive the Ring like Sabine for a couple of laps. There are way too many of them there. Now the issue of European insurance companies not wanting to pay claims for vehicles damaged on the Ring anymore and that was enough for me to not go back there. I went last year and had a blast for 4 laps early in the morning when it first opened up so I could cruise and have maybe one or two people pass me the whole first lap.

Later in the day like around lunch you can forget about it. People who frequent the Ring know the fast laps are made early in the morning just after the dew has dried off the track. I prefer Hockenheimring because of the GP layout. Same rules apply there for Touristenfahrt days and just like the Ring, very few people follow the "rules". And there have been a couple of people who have been denied insurance claims there as well lately. The last time I went, early this month, there was a bike crash that ended up with one rider losing his life and two in serious condition. Not worth it anymore to me. I'm gonna spend a little more money and stick to HPDE's when I get back to the States next month.
Appreciate 0