07-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #60
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Thanks for the feedback.
I found that link. Haven't downloaded it yet but it seems to be ISTA/D. My understanding is that ISTA/D will register a battery but not code. For coding I think ISTA/P is needed?

I'm starting to wonder if the INPA suite isn't the easier way. After looking into it for awhile it doesn't seem as difficult as first glance. Do you know if it needs a standalone machine or will setting up a VM work well enough?
Rheingold will change the battery type too. Ista-p is only for programming modules. That is not what we are doing. Think of Insta-p more like updating from service pack 1 to service pack 2... Or windows 8 to windows 10... All we are doing is changing a setting...

A virtual machine needs a 250gb solid state drive to host properly. It will be slow without it but useable. The virtual machine is easy but it really is useless. BMW tools takes 5 minutes to install to do this coding. Rheingold is also available. You can't program with the virtual machine (it will fail) so having all those programs is really just a waste. You need native running apps to program or data will drop!

Last edited by bNks334; 07-08-2018 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: 2
Appreciate 0