07-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #62
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
In your original write up under the section on using Rheingold you wrote
8) Rheingold then walks you through your options! You can simply register a new like-for-like battery, or you can change the battery capacity. Rheingold will prompt you to perform coding using ISTA-P!

From this and reading a bunch of differing opinions I came to my probably wrong conclusion.

Is it that you can change the capacity or type without changing the VO in ISTA/D and still have the correct charging regimen? If true, is the downside that if a dealer does some updates on your car it will revert back to the original battery capacity and type?
I may have been wrong in the write up. I think rheingold just brings you to a new tab/procedure... Not a different app. I also do not believe it changes the $vo so you'd be correct the setting would be set back to factory defaults with dealer programming. The dealer is not likely to provide any programming though... It takes a lot of time. The only thing they really do is update the DME when people have driveablity issues and that won't affect the battery coding.
Appreciate 0