View Single Post
      08-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #47
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaPilot View Post
The decision to buy back came down today. The dealer has already picked up the car and started a search for a replacement. They were doing their damnedest to find something before I leave tomorrow, but it just couldn't happen. That's OK as I'd rather not rush into a car I wasn't totally happy with just to have a replacement.

I was rather surprised to find out that pretty much every 2012 135i that has arrived at any dealer within the surrounding states was ordered with DCT. I'm going with a straight 6-sp on the next car. Now that they have a little over a month, it looks like they're trying to designate a car that is currently in production or allow me to order a car to spec. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens.

As frustrated as I was with how this car turned out, I have to say I was really upset to see it go down my street for the last time
Great. It's good to hear it finally worked to YOUR benefit, as it should.

This sucks though for those of us who are seriously considering a DCT BMW. My options for next year are a 135i DCT or Audi TT DSG.
I hope BMW gets a handle on what the heck is going on with their DCT.
Looks like I may go back to Audi for my next car, and then back to BMW once they get things worked out.
Appreciate 0