View Single Post
      10-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #9
methodz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 Le Mans 135i Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominun View Post
Recently, my brother bought a jb4 from a forum member Skers 05 He told him that it was $350. Didnt even want to budge on the price, so i was assuming it was a very good condition g5 board. Little did we know, it was actually a g4, which im guessing the seller had no clue about. Seller was completely rude saying that it was our fault for not asking. I told him id be happy to return it and even pay for his shipping out to my brother. After him telling us that he wasnt going to be willing to work things out, he blocked my number and later my brothers too. Now im stuck with a hugely overpriced jb4 g4 thats obsolete :/
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy about your purchase. I have no dog in this fight and don't know the current street prices of these items so I don't know if the value led you to assume it was a newer version. Is $350 too high for a G4? Is $350 too low for a G5(Too good to be true) The important thing is if you actually asked him if it was a G4 or G5 and he LIED to you. He would then be a scammer, but it sounds like that isn't how it went down. Again forgive me for saying that but I don't know how you'd dispute this unless he blatantly lied to you. I will say if you were charged much higher than the street price the "right" thing to do would be to reverse the sale but that also doesn't sound like it is going to happen.

Looks like it isn't a total loss as there are still some things you can do with your item. I'd chalk this up to the "live and learn" scenario.
Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00