View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 03:24 PM   #6
Southlake128i
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
I don't see any suspension parts linked?

My first reaction to that wheel set was that it was very cheap, but then I started plugging in part numbers, and you can actually get better deals elsewhere. Tischer BMW (www.GetBMWParts.com) was about $120 cheaper for the four wheels (36-11-6-786-888) and 4 center caps (36-13-6-783-536). It's crazy, because the one and only time I bought BMW-branded accessory wheels (about 10 years ago) they were over $300 per wheel, and they were the same sizes - but they were Style 216 wheels, and were made by BBS.

I find that ECS is usually not the cheapest option when it comes to Genuine BMW parts, and usually price check against Tischer and FCP Euro - Tischer usually wins, although you need to factor in any shipping and tax to be sure, especially on something like wheels.

Probably ECS's two biggest strengths are studio-quality pictures of nearly every part they sell from numerous angles, and massive selection. There are more parts available for our cars in one place than probably anywhere else, and I find the pictures helpful sometimes when I'm trying to visualize how a project is going to come together. Many times FCP Euro is a little cheaper, but not always, and their selection is not nearly as broad. I do end up shopping at ECS quite a bit because often I can consolidate all my shopping into one basket, rather than pick up some parts a little cheaper here and there, and only pay shipping charges once.
Thanks for the link, they are about half price
Appreciate 0