View Single Post
      10-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #17
bradford
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
My only choice will be one of those radar/ladar jammers + v1. Once the laser hit you its way too late.
Common misconception.

Though it is true that laser diverges from the original beam size MUCH less than Radar, it still does so and also reflects off of other reflective objects, giving warning before you get hit.

I've been saved twice from laser tickets on the highway when my V1's laser alert went off. Both times, the laser alarm went off as I approached a bridge from a LONG way away. I imediately dropped anchor and pulled to the middle lane, and then received another laser alert once I was closer and going legal speeds. Sure enough, there was a cop under the bridge. Again, this has happened to me twice with no tickets, and both times I was in triple digits when the first alert sounded.

If you read some of he articles on how to defeat laser, you will find that by eliminating reflective surfaces on the front of your car, and running with bright lights on, you can confuse the laser gun. Cops are taught to aim at your headlights (reflective glass) or license plate (relective coating) with the laser gun in order to get a good read. If you don't have a front plate and you have bright HIDs the gun can often have a tough time getting a read on you, especially form long distances. The v1 is particularly effective in this context.
Appreciate 0