09-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
hey man! long time no see/talk. missed you guys.

glad you spoke up. so, apparently there are two different versions of this rocker/quarter panel. one that is separate (as you described) and one that is together such as in my car. apparently the one that is all together (perhaps that's what you meant by inner/outer?) is what i need, and is even more difficult to obtain. lucky me!

i heard back from "BMW" but was sadly misinformed. i actually contacted by the dealer, who has ZERO power at all. he offered some keychains and hats, etc, but I told him my issue is with BMW in this case. i can't hold the dealer responsible, since they have no control over manufacturing. this is seriously making me second-guess purchasing this car. i would really, MUCH rather contact someone at BMW...as this is a BMW issue, causing me to not want to own a BMW.

as you stated, yes...i'm the claimant. i understand the process, and i'm not even mad...i'm just frustrated with BMW in taking so long. it's been 3 months, and yes...I've been in a rental (a nice elantra...yippee!) for 3 montsh now. $11,000 worth of damage (so far). i'll post pictures up a little later.

Yes.. it sounds like you need the entire quarter panel.... which includes and inner and outer sheet metal panel, as opposed to the outer skin only. It's nice that the dealer has offered what concessions they can provide.. although a BMW loaner would be a really nice offer and would keep the at fault driver's insurance company from paying out for a rental for you for what really is a BMW manufacturing logistics issue. not only are you out of a vehicle.. that insurance company is going to pay a couple K in rental charges that really should be handlled by BMW.
Appreciate 0