View Single Post
      07-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #53
aeronautics
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 135is 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
Yeah it looks like BMW is really cranking out those "P7MFA-Sports Edition" cars.

So far I have included all of the VINS I have come across with the P7MFA-Sports Edition code in my count and now with MightyMouse's help I can distinguish the made for Canada cars. The Canada cars look to be in very small numbers. I have noted the Canadian cars so the folks up north can have see that they are "special" even without the blue stitching.

We agree that the 135is is a USA only car with the port installed performance mods, unless the Brits also get the PPK2 and Performance exhaust?

Cheers for Beers
Canada and the UK get the same car. However, I do not think the Brits get the P7MFA option, they get (Sport Plus Edition (S07MF)).

It was the general believe that the 135is leaves Germany as a 135i and get "transfered" in the VDC. Now I do not think that this is true. I think only the software upgrades are added in the VDC. I think that all the "hardware" comes in the P7MFA option. This will ensure that there will be no "waste" (no way BMW will replace mirrors, exhaust, rims, etc and dipose the old ones). The question then becomes why BMW does not add the software upgrade in Germany!! It could be that creating the 135is in Germany would require a special VIN number which requires extra certification that could be too costly for the predicted production numbers!!

Does any one have an opinion/knowledge about this matter?
Appreciate 0