View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #37
mmmm_beer
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degator86 View Post
I am having an issue with my 328i 2011 sulev. Has only 67,000. It seems my pvc valve has gone bad and making a huge noise, so I've been told I need to replace valve cover completely, from the warranty stated it should be cover since it's emmisions problem. I live in Florida, I am gonna try the dealership close to me and see what happens, there are 3 within 30 mins so I'll try all three and see what answers I get and I'll report back. I agree completely with your stament, why put this warranty, but only apply to certain states, that's bs. What do I need to do, pay to register it in a state on the books and then file. Seems really stupid, they should cover regardless. Car came from being registered in NJ where the original owner had it, then to Pennsylvania, last stop was Tampa fl where I now am second owner. If that's the case, the first owner should of never let the car leave the state it was covered in.
I had a similar issue, I needed a new valve cover due to a bad pvc and a new eccentric shaft sensor. If I had lived in CA instead of AZ it would have saved me the $1800 I paid (dealer quoted me $3.2k) to replace the valve cover and Eccentric Shaft Sensor. I mentioned the SULEV warranty to the dealer and the rejected it. The warranty does explicitly state it had to be currently registered in one of the mentioned states and AZ wasn't one of them. The 2011 might be a little different, some of the earlier years only mentioned that the car had to have been originally registered in one of those states so the semantics might be used to get it covered. BMW closed that loophole by 2013 which is my model year. Good luck with that!
Appreciate 0